Call For Papers »
Call For Workshops »
Submission System »
ISECON 2013 invites papers, cases, panels, workshops and abstracts on:
- IS Education for Business Intelligence & Big Data
- Capstone / Service Learning
- Distance Education Challenges
- Enrollment Trends
- IS Integration with other Disciplines
- IS Research toward Educators
- IS Classroom/Teaching Cases
- Master Student / Faculty Papers
- Outcomes Assessment
- PhD Full Papers & Works in Progress
- Security and Assurance
- Abstracts & Works in Progress
- June 1: Consideration for best papers, proceedings, and potential ISEDJ inclusion.
- July 1: Consideration for proceedings and potential ISEDJ inclusion.
- August 1: Consideration for proceeding publication.
The top 15% of papers submitted receive outstanding paper recognition
- All papers accepted and presented are published in the proceedings
- All papers submitted by the July 1 deadline are eligible for journal publication (ISEDJ)
Business Intelligence in a World of Big Data
Distinguished Educator & Keynote Speaker
Dr. Joseph Valacich
Joe is the Terry Valeski professor of MIS at the University of Arizona and the author of Information Systems Today, one of the top selling textbooks in the IS field. He is a founding member and Fellow of the Association for Information Systems (AIS). In 2011, he won the best paper award in the AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction and in 2012 was named a Distinguished Alumnus of the University of Montana.
More Info about Dr. Valacich
Industry Keynote Address
Each year, the conference includes a keynote address from an industry leader in an emerging area.
Last year's speaker was Alok Shrivastava the Senior Director of EMC Educational Services who talked
about the incredible demand for new graduates with knowledge of cloud computing and big data.
The Information System Education (held since 1982) is the largest continuously running conference for IS educators.
Peer-reviewed accepted papers are published in the conference proceedings and awarding winning papers are published in
the Information Systems Educators Journal (ISEDJ).
One Registration, Two Conferences
ISECON is held in conjunction with CONISAR,
which focuses on IS Applied Research.
Registrants for ISECON can freely attend CONISAR functions and vice versa.
This year the conference will included expanded hands-ons workshops
with a special focus on HTML5 as well as other important areas. More details will be available before registration is open.
Social and luncheon programs designed to foster collaboration among attendees:
- Welcoming Reception
- First Time Attendee Tables
- Tours and trips to local landmarks
- Special Guest Package